Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon

First and foremost I appologize for the delay in getting the next posting up on the blog. I went home Monday afternoon and did not get back 'till last evening, so I did not have a lot to post and even less time to do so, but, with Molly's amazing progress, at this time no news is good news. OK, enough about my complaining and on to the important stuff. Bravin, our dog :) OK, lets talk about Molly. She is doing great. The CVVH (continuous dialysis) has been stopped and she is receiving regular hemo-dialysis as needed (3 times per week). She had that today and tolerated it very very well. Overall she is doing great with her breathing, blood pressure, etc. They have had a little trouble keeping her blood sugar regulated, but is not drastic fluctuations, but they check it every hour to keep an ey on it. She is wide awake and very alert and asking questions about what all has happened. Her spirits are high and has been smiling alot and answering questions of the doctors and nurses. It is wonderful to have her back. Although the pain meds are quite powerful and she does get a little confused and says some things that does not make sense, but that is to be expected. As Lena, her primary doctor (and one of the most impressive, special, caring, gifted physicians I have ever met) (We are so thankful to have her on our team) said, the lights are on almost all the time, always being woke up, moved from room to room, unit to unit, being under anesthesia, strong pain meds, sedation, not to mention the illness itself, can make anyone confused. We talked at length earlier today about her legs and she completly understands how bad they are and the potential of amputation. She is obviously worried and a little scared at the thought of that, but understands and I truly believe is ok with it if it does come to that. Based on the Doctor Wang's evaluation of the surgery yesterday that some her legs are a little better than expected and some were a little worse than expected. He is highly admired by Lena and many other doctors and he has asked for Medical Rehab to take a look at her in addition to plastic surgery and orthopedics. they were in today and talked to Molly about her legs and her activities, job, etc. They left us a lot of information about amputions, support groups, etc. For right now, we are still in a "wait and see" formation. they will probably do another surgery on Friday to see how things are progressing. After that, my guess would be that we will start to see what direction we will be going. They just want to start to prepare Molly and I if amputation is necessary. SPECIFIC PRAYER NEEDS Molly's legs - for total healing and full usefulness. Molly's mental health - for her to not be anxious, worried and scared, and to clearly understand everything that is going on (which I beleive she does). Overall Health - lungs, liver, kidneys, etc. Eyes - She has indicated that her left eye is a blurry. Voice - Her voice is still not back, she speaks in a whisper and this is frustrating to her as she can't get people attention, and everyone has to lean over her to hear her and usually has to ask her to repeat everything. Although, from my perspective her this is a nice little break, lol! I told her that and she just rolled her eyes again. I am starting to know what that feels like as I am geting a taste of my own medicine. Additional places praying for Molly England, Quebec, Peurto Rico God Bless you all and keep the prayer coming! Also, cards only are allowed in the Trauma Burn Center, and cards can be sent to: Molly French TBC University of Michigan Hospital 1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48109

16 comments:

HumbleOpinion said...

Dear Molly:

You are doing GREAT - Kiss your brain.

This blog site sometimes doesn't work for me and I have to re-write my comments. I hate it when that happens!

But, we are all giving you a big pat on the back at Woodland for the progress you are making, and continue to make.

Jacob made a card last night for you at home and his mother told me he wanted to draw a picture of your dog. He asked his mother "Mom, what does Mrs. French's dog look like?" I guess you need to bring in a picture of Braven so all the kids will know what he looks like - I am sure they will ask you next chance they all get.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jamey & Molly,
I do not know your family personally, but i want you to know that I am praying for Molly's recovery every day. My name is Jeri Sweitzer, and my son Mark was a student at Nicklin when Molly teached there. Mark had Mrs. Stewart.

Molly was my niece Jade Besecker's teacher at Greenville. My sister Jodi called me when Jade started her class. She was so excited and happy to have Molly as her teacher.

I think Molly is very blessed to have such a wonderful husband, family, and such good friends.

I will be looking forward to reading the blog the day you post Molly is coming home.

Praying for you and Molly.
Mark, Jeri and Markie Sweitzer, Piqua OH

amy said...

Wow! Things are really looking up!

Please tell her I said hello and that I will continue to send all of my positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Sincerely,
Amy Borders

Deb Green said...

Way to Go Molly! I am so happy that things are looking up and you are more awake and giving Jamey the eye roll! We all miss you.
Love,
Deb G

zachyb24 said...

Dear Molly,

It is cool that you are starting to come out of things and being able to talk. I keep asking Jamey when we can talk on the phone. I miss our talks. Which you know that I tell you all the time.
I know that God has His hands is this and HE will help you make the right choices. Whatever they are He is right there with you all the way.
Your cat was so funny when I woke up today. I don't think he could get any closer but he was on his back with his paws in the air and leaning against me.. I told him he was silly.
Braven isn't liking all this rain that we are getting the yard is so soft. Zach brought his football so we could play in the yard but if we did we would sink..
I just pray right now that GOD touches your eyes and the rest of your body back to good HEALTH.
WE LOVE YOU ,
Michelle, Zach, Dan and Sonja

Sandy said...

Molly,
What an awesome job you are doing in the healing process! I bet you are just a model patient for them.
I can just picture that beautiful smile of yours and know that Jamey must be so relieved to see it again. You need to be so proud of him and the wonderful job he's done keeping all of us informed. I so appreciate it. You can't even imagine how many people are concerned about you.
Mariah was home last week from DC and followed your progress as have both Zach & Jarrod. You've always been so special to all of us, I hope you knew that all along. Hang in there- keep healing and we'll all keep praying.
Love n hugs,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Molly,

We continue to pray for you daily. God is good as we have moved from praying for life to now praying for quality of life. Thanks for the specifics so we know how to pray.

The Cloyd's

Unknown said...

Praise God we have Molly back, and I believe she is in the best place she can be, God put her there, and the healing has been awesome. Now, tell Molly that I had thyroid surgery and it took 2-3 Months to get my voice back. Patience is not my best thing, and I am sure its hard but healing will come. Praying for God to give you both the strenth to endure. You are such a special couple and a great source for everyone to know God does answer prayers. Not always our way, but He does listen. God Bless you both and your families. Love from Carol Huntington

Unknown said...

Molly,
I am so glad to hear such uplifting news. I am sure that Jamey is so excited to be able to talk to you again.
We are almost through spring break week. It's a little harder when we know that we weren't suppose to be at school this week and have to go right back on MOnday. My kids (which were mostly your kids last year) have been troopers, though. We're rewarding them with pizza, fruit and veggies for lunch tomorrow. Mrs. B and Mrs. Blinn wanted to do something special for them so we are all pitching in.
It will be great to really talk to you in person again (sometime soon, I hope).
You and Jamey remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie Brandt

Jodi Besecker said...

It is wonderful to know how much better Molly is doing. You both are in our thoughts and prayers each day!!!!

I apologize but I send a package to the hospital about a week ago!! I hope you get it. It was a small box that contains something we made for Molly as well as a gas card for you Jamey. Then before you posted the blog to not send packages, I sent another one on Monday. Opps. This one is the same size and it contains something from my daughter Jade to Molly. If they are returned to me, I will just take them to your home and put them in the door or something.

Always thinking of you!!!

Jodi Besecker

Dan said...

I and my church are praying for you continually. Great news!

-Dan Houser

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jamey,
Our team at Mercy Medical Center in Springfield are praying for you both.(Your father inspects our facility.)
It is wonderful to hear the great technology U of M has and that it has made a difference. (Of course, most of us are not Go Blue fans)

Your positive approach to this challenging time has been an inspiration.

We will continue to pray for Molly's healing and God to continue to lift both of you up.
God Bless you both!

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Molly

God bless both of you and I know both of you are going to pull thru this. Both of you keep your head high. Jamie if there is anything you need help with please let the
Fry family know. Molly keep fighting and getting better so you can keep Jamie in line.

Our thoughts are with you guys.


Chris Fry and Family

Anonymous said...

Martha Bradney Piqua,Ohio
Lockington Church

Hi Iam new to Molly's blog.
We have Molly on our prayer list at Lockington Church. Is there an address we can send cards etc to Molly. I know this prpbably was been covered already but if the address can be given again I can pass it onto our church members.

Molly you keep going. Trust in our God.Praise Him even in the storm.
God Bless
Martha Bradney Piqua Ohio

Anonymous said...

Molly,
My thoughts are with you and I am wishing you well. I do hope this will bring a smile to you, with a few laughs of old memories from a friend of long ago.I hope this message finds you with great love and kindness Steven Foureman

Rachael Martin said...

Mrs. French,
My Name is Rachael Martin I was in your first grade class. I just graduated high school. I have been thinking about you and how much of a hero you are to me! I remember lookingup to you as a child and how you were my favorite teacher, and you still hold my favorite teacher. Im so glad you are fully recovered, and I hope soon I will run into you since I have not seen you in forever. Im going on to college and majoring in education, because I want to make a difference in a child's life, like you made in mine!

Thank you for everything,
Rachael Martin