Thursday, April 24, 2008

FIRST DAY OF REHAB

Holy Cow!, I am exhausted and all I did was watch the therapy sessions. Molly spent almost 5 hours in therapy on Wednesday, and it went great. She is tired, but a good kind of tired. We then had visitors from Aunt Debby, Uncle Vic & Aunt Becky and then a past student of Molly's Tina & Sajoel came for a visit with gifts. They brought made-rites for both of us and Aunt Debby brought cookies from the Pantry. It was so good to have a taste of home. Then the best news of all came, we have a tentative "come home date" of May 14th. This would be to come all the way home to good ol' Westminster Drive!!! We are both so excited about this. The Social worker said this could be moved up if things go really well, and could be moved back if not, but we belive we will be home on the 14th if not sooner. I came home very late last night and got home after 1am and took Raymond to the Dayton Heart Hospital today, everything went well and we will get the results of his tests in early May, unless something crucial would be seen in the pictures. We do not expect this. I spoke to Molly for a few minutes on the phone this afternoon after Raymond and I got home. She got out of one therapy session because two past patients at U of M came in to speak to current patients. Both of the are miracles just like Molly in that they had very similar illnesses as Molly and have lost limbs and now are back to normal and doing well. She said she wished I had been there, but sadi it was great and sees herself doing very similar things soon. On another sinilar note, I spoke to the regional representative for the ACA (Amputee Coalition of Amercia) who lives in Cincy and said that there is so much support with this "new" family that anything Molly and I need will be there. In fact he shared with me his wife's name and another woman that have similar amputations as Molly's and the one woman is a kindergarten teacher who had a strep A infection and also lost her legs as well as her arms and is back teaching, driving, traveling, etc. etc. etc. He even said that if we wanted they would all drive from Cincy up to Ann Arbor to visit. It is unbeleiveable all the stories, people, resources, etc. out there to help Molly and I as we move into a new chapter of our lives. All this just tells us more and more what her and I will be capable of and how many lives we will be able to touch and help because of what has happened to her. As far as her prosthetics, we are still months away from her being fitted and getting her new legs and then a few more months to get then "dialed" in to fit right and be comfortable and learning how to use them, but we are so close to having all this behind us and moving forward. And on one other positive note, today Molly spent the entire day by herself other than a few short visits from Troy. I know she was apprehensive and a little worried about this, but she did great and I think a great boost to her confidence. Therapy went well again today and she is excited about seeing Debby when she gets there later tonight. It will be good for them to spend several days together and have some "girl talk" without me being around. I will try to continue to post updates on the blog, however, with not being in Ann Arbor and only getting to speak to her for a few minutes each day, they may be infrequent and short until I get back up there on Sunday afternoon. SPECIFIC PRAYER AREAS:
  • HANDS and FINGERS!!!
  • HEALING OF WOUNDS!!!
  • STRENGTH FOR THERAPY
  • SPIRITS TO REMAIN HIGH
  • TRAVEL for me and all our friends and family visiting

God Bless You All!

Love,

Jamey and Molly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jamey,
Wow home or by the 14th.. I will have to make sure I get my party at the house before then. I will make sure the mess is cleaned up.. I am just kidding. It will be nice to have you both back in Greenvile. I will have to say I will miss the quit area in which you live. It is soooooo nice. I can't believe it. I know Molly will do so good it might be sooner then later for you guys.
When God answers prayers He does them better then we can imagine..

My love to you both,
Michelle

Barbara Marker said...

IT IS WONDERFUL TO HEAR SUCH GOOD NEWS CONTINUING. AS YOU SAY, THE SUPPORT THAT IS AVAILABLE IS TREMENDOUS, AND IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT OTHERS HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT SUCCESSFULLY.
WE PRAY FOR CONTINUED HEALING, GOOD SPIRITS, AND INCREASING MOBILITY. ALSO SPEEDY RETURN TO GREENVILLE,
BARBARA

Anonymous said...

Jamey and Molly,

We continue to monitor your progress and pray. Keep up the good work and don't forget the power of prayer and a God who loves you both.

Gary Cloyd

Sandy said...

Jamey,
Today's blog news is wonderful, so very exciting. I hope you know that there or not, we all enjoy hearing from just you too. Bet the furry Frenches are over the moon to have you home for a bit. Send everyone's love to Molly when you talk to her on the phone. With any luck you two will be hitting Greenville permanently while I'm lounging in DC for a couple of weeks. I thank God every day for all the miracles He's shown us thus far. Here's to more to come.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamey and Molly,

You both sound so strong and positive! I follow the blog almost every day. It's a great inspiration to me.
It's exciting to hear that you will be able to go home by May 14th. John and I send our best wishes and strength for the coming days and months as you build your strength Molly.

Michelle and John Rich

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jamey,
What great news of you being able to come home by the 14th of May. Your hard work and determination is paying off. You both are such great inspiraton to all.
Continued prayers for all concerns.
Have a great weekend.
God Bless You Both
Evelyn