Saturday, April 26, 2008

SATURDAY MORNING

I spoke with Molly last evening and it sounds like therapy is going great! She had 6 sessions ranging from 45 minutes to an hour each yesterday. Molly told me that she mentioned a little tingling/hurting in her finger to her hand therapist and the hand therapist got really excited as this is a great sign of nerve regeneration meaning that her hands and fingers are starting to return to normal. We still wont know for a while to what degree, but the hand therapist mentioned during Molly's first session that she expects them to return to complete normal function. One of the sessions Molly had yesterday was with the rehab psychologist. This is done for two reasons, one to allow Molly to talk to someone with no one else around about anything she wants to talk about her illness and recovery, etc. Secondly it allows the psychologist to see how patients are doing emotionally and dealing with their situation. I on the other hand beleive it was for a completely different reason. You see, Molly told me she wore her Ohio State shirt yesterday and I think the rehab team must have thought she had lost her mind! That's my girl, GO BUCKS! The cards, gifts, comments, emails, etc. keep rolling in and we thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. SPECIFIC AREAS FOR PRAYER
  • HANDS & FINGERS
  • MAY 14th - Come Home date
  • CONTINUED HEALING OF WOUNDS & STUMPS
  • STRENGTH - mental and physical to keep enduring long therapy sessions
  • CLARITY - Molly and I keep talking and praying for what will be the best way to share our story to help others.
  • REHAB PATIENTS - There are unbelievable stories in the rehab unit of people enduring great illness and injury.

God Bless You All!

Love,

Molly and Jamey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly,

That is awesome that those hands are starting to feel something. I think it is great that you have someone you can open up too and get it all out. Sometimes that makes you feel better..
I know that you and Jamey have been in much prayer about what you are to be doing with your lives but I know that GOD will give you the answers. He has brought you through so much and He knows you have a story to tell. What an amazing story. You are a bright light and aray of hope for others.
Keep building up your strength..

Prayers and Love,
Michelle and family

Anonymous said...

Molly,

Way to go! You've come so far, and you're almost home!
If you've been measuring your stacks of mail, just imagine the stack of prayers said for you that are stored in heaven, that stack must be miles high, and growing everyday. We will keep sending them up for the two of you and what is to come.
Keep up the hard work, and get home soon, you are one dearly missed lady.

See you soon.
The Tanner Family

Sandy said...

Wow Molly it sounds like you are working so hard in therapy - 6 sessions in 1 day- you go girl!!! I'm so proud of you! You'll be home before you know it. I'm actually headed to your native Greenville this coming Wed., but I hope you'll let me come back once you are home and stop to see you. You are doing so well and have come so far already. You keep working and I along with so many others will keep praying.
HUGS,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Molly, I'm so happy that you have feeling in your hands. That is wonderful. Everyone continues to pray for you and your family. God has brought you long way and will continue to do so. Keep working hard at the therapy sessions.
Love, Stephanie Szymanski

Unknown said...

Dear Molly
I am so excited to see a tentative "home" date on the blog. We are so eager to see you and give hugs all around! The Lord is so good. I heard a quote today in our sermon and it made me think of you of course. I hope I get it right. It is from C.S. Lewis and it says something like this: Your joy is God whispering to you and in your suffering it is Him screaming to get your attention...In all of Paul's trials his one aim in life was "to know Christ". I know you have been in close fellowship with Him through all this. Take care and keep getting better every day. We all love you. The Amigos are planning to see you as soon as you get back to Ohio. We all miss you~!
Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Jamey and Molly,

We continue to pray for both of you on almost a daily basis. We are praying for the May date to come home. Leticia, our exchange student said she dreamed about you walking around with prosthetics and doing great. She said "I don't even know Molly, but I had this dream.

Take care,

The Cloyd's