Saturday, April 12, 2008

SATURDAY EVENING

I left Ann Arbor on Friday afternoon after Molly returned to her room form skin graft surgery. She was in a little pain form the donor site (the area the surgeon took good skin to use for the graft). That and being wore out she was feeling pretty good. The surgeon talked to us and said he was very pleased with the grafts. He said there might be a few small areas that may need to cleaning up later on, and possibly some small grafts, but these will not interfer with rehab. Molly will need to remain in bed and keep her legs immobolized for 5 days. On Wednesday they will take down her dressings and look at the grafts. He expects them to be in good shape and get her back to regular dressing changes and activity. Knowing this and seeing that she was doing well I left for Greenville. Mom & Dad and Aunt Marty stayed. Well, I got home on Friday afternoon and the first thing I did was don the colors (Scarlet & Gray). Unpacked, started laundry, sorted mail, played with the dog. Then I looked for the cat and couldn't find him, after 15 minutes or so, he strools out from his hiding place and does a double take at me, and looked at me as to say "Oh, your back, I need a nap" and that is exactly what he did. I am glad to see that Molly and I being gone has not effected him at all. Today, I heard from Mom & Dad on their way home and they said Molly had a good day today. She ate during dialysis and said the food tasted good. She got along well with dialysis and then ate lunch (chicken and noodles Mom took up) and said it tasted good. Her pain was under control and therapy worked with her arms, hands and fingers for about 30 minutes. Then my aunt Marty called and let me talk to Molly a little. She sounded good with her voice coming back even more. She said dialysis went good and she did not feel bad afterwards at all. In fact, during dialysis, one of the nephrologists (kidney doctor) stopped by and said she was doing great and her kidneys are definately starting to work and that in the next few days they will monitor her very closely, (kidney output, blood levels, etc) and come Tuesday for her next scheduled dialysis treatment, they may be ready to take her off the dialysis treatments and do them just as needed. This is great news. With her making such great progress in all areas, once the dressings come off on Wednesday, the hope will be that within a few days of that she will be moved to the inpatient acute rehab center for a couple weeks, then back to the Buckeye State. WoooHooo! Not being in Ann Arbor for the next 2 days, I may not update the blog until Monday evening or Tuesday, so if you don't see an update for a couple days don't get too worried. SPECIFIC PRAYER AREAS
  • Kidneys continue to do their job so she will not need dialysis anymore
  • Keep eating well so she can get the feeding tube out for good soon
  • Healing of grafts and donor sites, so she can get to rehab
  • Travel safety for friends and family, many will be traveling over the next few weeks.

God Bless you all,

Love,

Jamey & Molly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome Jamie

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything is coming together fast. I will have to say it will be good to have you all back in the buckeye state. I will miss the kids that is for sure.:o But I will love having Molly closer.She is doing so awesome..

I hope all is going well at the house..?

Be safe in your travels..

Love ,
Michelle

Sandy said...

Jamey,
Everything in the latest blog entry sounds wonderful. I'm so glad that things are going so well. I smiled when I read that part about the next update not being until Monday eve. or Tues. morning. . . "so not to get too worried". You have us all so figured out by now! Enjoy your couple of days of "semi-normal", we'll all be praying for her & for you.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jamey,
What great news from Saturday. Sounds like things are on the upward swing. Molly, you are an awesome lady. Keep up the good work.
Prayers for all concerns.
God Bless you all
Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jamey,
Cynnema told me a little about what has happened. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I will add your names to my church's prayer list. Also, I am an Occupational Therapist and have worked in acute care so if I can offer support or anything, please do not hesitate to let me know.
God Bless You Both,
Julia(Albright)Jones

Anonymous said...

Still following your blog daily. Congratulations on the consistent progress! Your attitudes are extremely admirable!!
Best wishes & prayers to you both!