Friday, April 11, 2008

FRIDAY MORNING

This will be a quick posting until later today or tomorrow morning. Molly is heading to surgery this morning to graft her stumps. The surgeon was in early and said they looked great and she was ready to get them grafted. Her surgery will last about 1 1/2 then post op, etc. She is going to surgery @ 10:30am. Here is the great news, this could very well be her last surgery, and after the 3-5 days of keeping them wrapped and laying still in bed, the dressings will come off and should only need light wound care to the grafts on the stumps, continued cocoa butter only to the other sites, and normal care to the new donor sites (which, if they are like the previous, will hurt more than the other sites and will feel like a real bad rug burn) for a few days. After that, she will be ready for rehab. We could possibly be looking at starting rehab at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. On other news, her kidneys continue to show good progress. She still needs dialysis, but mayber for not that much longer. I will update you all on the kidney's progress in the next post. SPECIFIC PRAYERS
  • Successful surgery and for the grafts to take completely
  • No more than 3-5 days are needed to be in bed and still
  • Start rehab in 7-10 days.
  • Kidneys
  • Travel, I am headed home after surgery, mom & dad, aunt Marty & Ashley are here this weekend, as are some school friends on Sunday.

God Bless you all,

Love, Jamey and Molly

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Jamey - a safe trip for you this weekend as always.
Molly - you get lots of rest after surgery and try and enjoy your weekend company.
Sending good positive thoughts your way.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Molly--I know that this is a difficult time. But in difficult times, I sing that old chorus: "This world's not my home, I'm just a-passin' through; my treasure's laid up somewhere beyond the blue..." God wants you to know Him better by caring less about this world.

Anonymous said...

Molly

I sure hope that you had a good day. That everything went well and you are back to your cheery self. I am so glad that things are looking good as far as being done with you getting surgerys and all.I can't wait till you get back this way. I love you...
Jamey.. I hope every thing looks good at home? I am sure the four legged kids were glad to see you.
I am still praying that Molly will soon be returning home..
Love ya,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

We're still keep the prayer line open
and active for you and anticipating complete healing. One day we will see your smiling face again. And you will be stuck looking at our ugly mugs...LOL

Yes, you have been through alot but you will become stronger.

Love ya'!