Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Night

WOW, WOW, WOW! That about sums up Molly's day! The VENT is gone! She is breathing completely on her own and when I left the oxygen being given her was only through a nasal canula at only 2liters, which is awesome and her vitals are great!!!!!!! Praise God for all the healing he has done in the past weeks and especially in the past few days. She is wide awake and still unable to tak due to the tube being down her throat for nearly 2 weeks, but she can whisper a little and said she was very confused so I sat down and explained everything to her about her illness, the ARDS, the compartment syndrome in her legs, how sick she really was, her plane ride, how Dr. Hawley, Nurses and Doc's at Good Sam and especially Troy saved her life. This all surprised her ans was a lot to take in, but she understood. I also told her how many people all over the world are praying for her. At my last count we have the phillipines, china, indonesia, south africa, ireland, canada, england praying abroad, and nearly every state in the usa. This made her smile and a little teary! I also told her that I was going to go home tomorrow and she said it was OK, I also told her now that she is ready to start talking I needed to get away, she just smiled and rolled her eyes. Since I do that to her all the time, I guess its ok for her to roll her eyes at me! With all this wonderful news we still have HUGE prayer needs. Tomorrow is the "MOMBO" rounds were every discipline, nurses, docs, therapists etc. make rounds and will take a look at Molly's legs and start to make some preliminary decisions about the best course of action with them. SPECIFICALLY: Her legs have been ravaged by the toxins and have been debreeded 2 times. During each debreedment they had to remove a substantial amount of muscle in her calves. Bottomline: Prayer is needed to ask for healing so her legs can be saved. Other prayer needs: Travel mercies for me as I will be heading home after the big rounds tomorrow and back on Tuesday. Travel mercies for my Mom & Dad as the are coming up to stay with Molly while I am gone. Continued recovery and healing of her lungs, liver and kidneys. Also, as Molly continues to get her thoughts around what has happened to her and the long road of recovery and rehab ahead of her, she will need a lot of love, prayer and thoughts to keep her spirits up. The doctor told me to expect anger, confusion, depression, etc. as she comes to terms with all this. God Bless you all for your continued prayer, I have seen amazing answered prayer already and I know that Molly's recover will be whole eventually, but we all need to keep praying and giving thanks for what God has already done for her and I. I will update again tomorrow about the results of the rounds.

12 comments:

zachyb24 said...

PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD... Molly we serve an awesome GOD and we can see this in you. Even though you were out when I got to see you Saturday. It was worth it. I am rejoicing that you are awake and with us today. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD.. I can't wait to see you again to the point that I can sit and talk with you again.. Only this time I will talk a little softer.. :-) I wanted to make sure you heard my voice when I was there..
Zach wanted me to tell you that the neighbors taught him how to do tricks with Braven so, he thinks he is big stuff.. He was so happy when I said aunt Molly opened her eye some when I said his name.
I have been passing hugs from you to your kids in class to keep their little spirits high as well.
You have come a long way in 2 weeks.. I know that there are so many people that care about you and they will be hear to listen and love you through all of this.
Romans 8:28
We love you,
Michelle, Zach, Dan and Sonja

Teresa said...

Wow! What incredible news. I am so thrilled! I just wish I could be there to see her - talk to her- and give her a huge hug! Please share with her how grateful we are to hear such good news.
OK - Molly - now we need to focus on those legs of yours!!! We will continue to pray for healing in your legs -and a full recovery!
Jamey - has Molly's address changed since they moved her to the burn unit area???
Dan sends his best to both of you.
Jamey we'll pray for you - for a safe trip back and forth - and for your parents!

Hugs and prayers,
Teresa, Bill, Brad and Cody

Unknown said...

What wonderful news this evening! The children and their parents will be glad to know that Molly is doing well. I will tell them to continue to pray for her. I have 7 children in my room that had Molly last year and several others who were at South last year. They are thinking about her!
I will continue to pray for your specific requests and give thanks for all that we have been blessed with so far as Molly continues to recover.

Debbie Brandt

Anonymous said...

Molly, God is Awesome. He will never leave you. Trust Him and believe your prayers will be answered and they will be. We will all continue to pray for a quick, full recovery. All Glory and Praise be to God for your healing. We will see you soon.
Joy and Mike LeBlanc

Sandy said...

What awesome awesome news!!! This scary weekend has certainly turned around for the better. It is Holy Week you know and all miracles are possible. May this entire week be one of positive miracle after positive miracle. Thank God for all He has done already and will continue to do.
Jamey,
Safe travels for you and your parents. Try and get a little rest for yourself.
Molly,
I know this whole thing has to be so scary for you, but you've come so far already and I just know that 'spunky little you'can make it all the way back.
Hugs to you - love,
Sandy

zachyb24 said...

Molly,
You have made such good improvements, that there is one favorite saying, you always say when something is done. RIGHT!!!!!!!!
Believe you mean when I say this you are making all the right moves..
"KISS YOUR BRAIN"
Jamey, you need to "KISS YOUR BRAIN" also for letting God use it to make the right choices through all of this.
Love,
Michelle

The Halls said...

Hey Jamie.
Kelley and the Girls and I just want you to know you are in our prayers . I don't sleep much at nights so I try to keep up on you guy's . We love you both and you are in our prayer's.
Stay strong for her she loves you and needs you .If you need anything at all we are here for you . Tell Molly Britney and Gabby said HI :)

With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."

Love and Luck for you both.

Barbara Marker said...

YEAH!!!!!
IT IS WONDERFUL TO BE ABLE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS THAT PRAYERS ARE TRULY BEING ANSWERED. GOD IS IN HIS HEAVEN AND HERE ON EARTH HELPING THOSE HELPING MOLLY AND JAMEY.
WE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR CONTINUED MIRACLES.
BARBARA

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!!! I knew Saturday that you would be off the vent very soon when I saw your eyes open and your mouth move. You always know how to make things better and with what was supposed to be our sping break, you have done it again.
Love you,
Stacy

skiry said...

YEA...Thank you for keeping all of us posted on Molly's outstanding progress. My family will continue to pray that she continues to get well with each passing day. Please let her know that, not only is she an amazing teacher to my son, but seeing the many lives she has touched and reading these blogs has inspired me to go back to church. I am amazed at the power of prayer and I too, believe that God is watching over both Molly and Jamey.
Thanks again for keeping all of us posted and give Mrs. French a giant bear hug from Andrew. He misses her like crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to hear (read) of the amazing improvements. God is Good. Jamey, praise you for your wisdom through all of this. Your thoughts and prayers are many. Take care! Paula

Anonymous said...

Jamey and Molly,
They always say life is a trip. You have all been on a long journey. I diffently believe in a light at the end of the tunnel.
Molly-to let you know Karen Schweigert is doing your long term for your class room. I certainly knew when I put her in there your classroom of kids would be taken care of in the best of hands with you gone. I want you to get well and get back to the every day task of teaching that you do so well. I look forward to canceling that substitute.
I have been keeping up with your progress. I was in Florida with Paul (Savage) last week and he has also been in touch reading your blog.
You have never been one to miss a day of school, so hurry and get well and my prayers are with both of you. I hope to hear your voice in due time. You just get better and come back home to all of us.
Delores Sleppy